This elegant, leading hotel is known for its harmonic Art Nouveau style. The beauty and sensuality go hand in hand with the romantic atmosphere, which combines impressively with eclectic elements of the architecture. The biblical name and some of the spaces allegorically reflect Hebrew culture. The building was constructed in 1905 for use as offices, shops and a textile warehouse. It was extended in 1908 to its current size. In later years the building housed the Cuban Chamber of Commerce as well as the headquarters of Industries and Navigation. Renovated in 2001, this 3-storey hotel features a terrace as well as a total of 25 rooms, including 4 junior suites. Guests are offered a lobby with lift, a safe, a cloakroom, currency exchange counter and a reception which is open 24 hours. Furthermore, the historic air-conditioned hotel includes a restaurant with highchairs and Internet connection. A laundry service and room service are also available (charges apply). A car park (fees apply) is also available.
The hotel has 25 standard rooms that are well designed and tastefully decorated with delicate cream color that gives relaxation and hospitality. The bathrooms are spacious. Fourteen rooms have views. The rooms have air conditioning, telephone, satellite TV, safe, room service, hairdryer, minibar, private bathroom, balcony or terrace. The mini suites are slightly larger than standard rooms. All these suites have balconies overlooking the streets surrounding a lounge modestoe a desk. The rooms have air conditioning, telephone, satellite TV, safe, room service, hairdryer, minibar, private bathroom, balcony or terrace, living room.
At the east end of a residential area, the Plaza Vieja is located down the street and the hotel is about 5 blocks away from all the most interesting places in the colonial heart of Havana. A walk to San Ignacio will take you directly to the Cathedral of Havana.