The furniture style, simple and elegant, contrasts with the really impressive tall round arch halls and the rich seventeenth and eighteenth-century frescoes decorating the walls.
This is a two-story sixteenth century building, founded by Cardinal Carafo in 1580. Located on top of Tusculum hill, overlooking Rome and surrounded by a 15.000 sq. mt. beautiful private park, with age-old trees.
Bedrooms, large in size, have been furnished and decorated in line with the character of the building: wood, pottery and precious fabrics enrich the furniture. Style is elegant but sumptuous. Paintings decorate the pastel painted walls and fine rugs cover the wooden/tiled floor. The bright coloured furniture, the slight curtains, enhance the sunlight coming through the wide windows. Several rooms have been decorated by eminent 17th century painters.
Quiet and relaxing, the restaurant can accommodate up to 200 people. During summer season, meals are served on the 100 sq. mt. roof terrace, with a 360 degree view of Rome. The Chef serves traditional roman cuisine or Mediterranean dishes. Furnished and decorated in the same elegant but simple style of rooms and public areas.