The hotel opened in 1909 and was originally the home of wealthy family Marqués de Pinar del Río. The original atmosphere, very pleasant and welcoming building has survived over the years. Guests are greeted in the courtyard with a statue in Carrara marble. The walls are decorated with paintings of famous painters of colonial times. The hotel has 188 rooms, 82 double rooms, 80 doubles and 15 junior suites, 8 triple rooms and 3 suites. The hotel includes a lobby, currency exchange, lobby bar with terrace and bar, room service, 3 restaurants and a parking lot. The hotel is suitable for the less demanding client
The lobby is medium in size with a few seats around the reception area.
Most of the rooms are medium in size in fair to good condition, so are the bathrooms.They are basic in decor and furnishings with very simple furniture.
The restaurant is situated on the fifth floor and serves local and international cuisine.
The hotel is centrally located, in the heart of the Old Havana within walking distance from the famous "Capitolio".