Choose where to sleep in Slovenia: we have over 184 hotels available in 37 cities
Top sellers in the Slovenia
Here are some of our top seller hotels in the Slovenia
Most popular destinations in Slovenia
Here are the top destinations
- Piran Hotels price from 24 US$
- Kranjska Gora Hotels price from 55 US$
- Radenci Hotels price from 72 US$
- Izola Hotels price from 60 US$
- Lasko Hotels price from 44 US$
- Postojna Hotels price from 50 US$
- Sežana Hotels price from 53 US$
- Novo Mesto Hotels price from 74 US$
- Murska Sobota Hotels price from 105 US$
- Bovec Hotels price from 61 US$
- Podcetrtek Hotels price from 126 US$
- Catez Ob Savi Hotels price from 116 US$
- Nova Gorica Hotels price from 87 US$
- Dobrna Hotels price from 74 US$
- Smarjeske Toplice Hotels price from 97 US$
- Dolenjske Toplice Hotels price from 112 US$
- Moravske Toplice Hotels price from 126 US$
- Mozirje Hotels price from 56 US$
Slovenia, officially the Republic of Slovenia, is a nation state in southern Central Europe at the crossroads of main European cultural and trade routes. It borders Italy to the west, Austria to the north, Croatia to the south and southeast, and Hungary to the northeast. It covers 20,273 square kilometers and has a population of 2.05 million. It is a parliamentary republic and a member of the European Union and NATO. Its capital and largest city is Ljubljana.
Four major European geographic regions meet in Slovenia: the Alps, the Dinarides, the Pannonian Plain, and the Mediterranean. Although on the shore of the Adriatic Sea near the Mediterranean Sea, most of Slovenia is in the Black Sea drainage basin. The Alps including the Julian Alps, the Kamnik Savinja Alps and the Karavanke chain, as well as the Pohorje massif dominate Northern Slovenia along its long border with Austria. Slovenia's Adriatic coastline stretches approximately 47 km from Italy to Croatia.
Slovenia is located in temperate latitudes. The climate is also influenced by the variety of relief, and the influence of the Alps and the Adriatic Sea. In the Northeast, the continental climate type with greatest difference between winter and summer temperatures prevails. In the coastal region, there is sub-Mediterranean climate. The effect of the sea on the temperature rates is visible also up the Soča valley, while a severe Alpine climate is present in the high mountain regions. There is a strong interaction between these three climatic systems across most of the country.
The official language in Slovenia is Slovene, which is a member of the South Slavic language group. In 2002, Slovene was the native language of around 88% of Slovenia's population according to the census, with more than 92% of the Slovenian population speaking it in their home environment. This places Slovenia among the most homogeneous countries in the EU in terms of the share of speakers of predominant mother tongue.