This historic hotel became the official residence of the Lt. Governor in 1796, before opening to serve its discerning guests in 1858. It retains much of its illustrious character and old world charm, but with all the contemporary comforts and features expected of a luxurious modern hotel. The city establishment comprises a total of 60 rooms and suites and is fully air-conditioned. Guests are welcomed into a lobby with 24-hour reception and check-out service and a hotel safe. On-site facilities include lift access, a bar, 2 restaurants, a business centre with conference facilities and WLAN Internet access. Room and laundry services are provided and guests arriving by car can leave their vehicles in the nearby car park.There are an abundance of leisure facilities to pamper and rejuvenate guests. They include an outdoor heated swimming pool with a poolside snack bar, a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols, a gym, hot tubs, a sauna, a steam room and a spa offering a full range of beauty treatments (fees may apply). The nearby beaches are sandy and pebbled and guests wishing to play a round of golf can visit the course at St. Pierre Park, which is some 2 km away.Guests can enjoy delicious, meticulously prepared dishes in The Brasserie and Governor's Restaurant, including an excellent selection of locally caught fresh seafood and a world-class wine selection.