The historic city hotel was established in 1860 and was then located on Calle Amistad. Around 1888, it was relocated to its present position on the busy corner of Prado and Neptuno streets. In 1911 the hotel was completely rebuilt, and when it reopened it was regarded by the press of the day as the most modern hotel in the city and ranked amongst the top eleven hotels in Latin America. The hotel of today combines modern and colonial elements in its architecture to create a wonderful unity of present and traditional styles. On offer are a total of 63 comfortable guest rooms with excellent views out over the city. The inner courtyard with the original brickwork of its arches forms an interesting contrast to the new design features. The hotel has a large ceramic mural in the form of a collage, showing elements of Havana's colonial architecture and a fountain which appears to magnify the courtyard and its surrounding ruins. There are 54 standard rooms, three suites, and six junior suites available, in addition to a lobby area with a reception desk manned around the clock, a hotel safe, a cloakroom, a currency exchange facility, and lift access. Guests at this air-conditioned establishment may also take advantage of the restaurant, the snack bar, shop. Also available here is room service (charges apply), a public Internet connection (charges apply), and parking for those arriving by car (charges apply).
The lobby is medium in size and incorporates a seating area for guests in reception and a bar just a few stairs away. n n n
It is a new building with a typical architecture of downtown.
All the rooms are large in size in a very good condition. All of them with sound and light proof with a modern decor.
The restaurant is situated on the mezzanine floor and has a modern and rustic decor. n n n
The hotel is centrally located, in the heart of the Old Havana surrounded by the "Garcia Lorca Theatre", the "Capitolio", "National Museum" and within walking distance from "Havana Cathedral".