Choose where to sleep in Switzerland: we have over 1000 hotels available in 117 cities
Top sellers in the Switzerland
Here are some of our top seller hotels in the Switzerland
Most popular destinations in Switzerland
Here are the top destinations
- Interlaken Hotels price from 156 US$
- St Moritz Hotels price from 229 US$
- Saas-Fee Hotels price from 165 US$
- Lausanne Hotels price from 187 US$
- Berne Hotels price from 97 US$
- Lugano Hotels price from 67 US$
- Grindelwald Hotels price from 307 US$
- Arosa Hotels price from 382 US$
- Engelberg Hotels price from 114 US$
- Flims Hotels price from 192 US$
- Gstaad Hotels price from 402 US$
- Wengen Hotels price from 164 US$
- Montreux Hotels price from 108 US$
- Crans Montana Hotels price from 210 US$
- Locarno Hotels price from 64 US$
- St Gallen Hotels price from 88 US$
- Ascona Hotels price from 191 US$
- Zug Hotels price from 154 US$
Switzerland, also known as the Swiss Confederation or as the Helvetic Republic is a country in central Europe, bordering to the south with Italy, to the north with Germany, to the east with Austria and Liechtenstein, to the west with France. The main characteristic of this country is its mountains, since it is surrounded by the Alps entirely and is one of the few European landlocked countries.
Switzerland is an alpine country divided into three main areas: The Plateau, the Jura, and the Swiss Alps. In this land, there are many sights and memories left in the course of history and the typical Swiss beauty of the landscapes is varied, from the mountains to the lakes, from the hills to the rivers.
An ideal destination for holidays dedicated to leisure, business travel, culture, theater and physical and mental wellbeing; for travelers who go alone, as a couple, with family, with children. Switzerland. Get natural.
WHAT TO SEE IN SWITZERLAND
Switzerland is a great destination to visit both in winter, since thanks to its magnificent slopes and abundance of snow it is reputed for having some of the best ski resorts in the world, and in summer, where numerous excursions to the medieval cities, lakes and rivers can reveal the real soul of the country.
Every city in Switzerland hides true historical and scenic treasures for the visitor to discover:
- Bern, the capital of Switzerland, a beautiful and vibrant city, that boasts of its important museums, including the Zentrum Paul Kee, with its interesting collection of monographic art, which is the most complete in the world;
- Zurich, the largest city in the country, an important center not only for economy but also fascinating for the experienced traveler, the most vivid city in Switzerland;
- Basel, with more than 40 museums is one of the most important cultural centers of the country;
- Geneva, one of the finest cities in the country, with a beautiful old town, which offers breathtaking views of the Alps;
- Lugano, a city surrounded by mountains which has a beautiful old Lombardian style town center, squares, museums and parks including the Belvedere Gardens.
HERITAGE AND CULTURE IN SWITZERLAND
From the point of view of the cultural and historical heritage, Switzerland has the riches sought and envied by visitors, as well as World Heritage sites acknowledged by UNESCO:
- The Old Town of Bern, the capital of the country, founded in the twelfth century, situated on a hill surrounded by the river Aare; the biggest part of the medieval town was restored in the eighteenth century preserving its identity and its origins;
- La Chaux-de-Fonds and Le Locle, two Swiss cities famous for their exceptional value in watchmaking and other industries, considered in fact to be the great capitals of Swiss watchmaking;
- Monte San Giorgio, a forested pyramid shaped mountain near Lake Lugano, considered as the best fossil record of marine life from the prehistoric era;
- the Sardona Tectonic Arena, one of the major tectonic zones of the Swiss Alps that includes 7 peaks over 3,000 meters above the sea level and is located in the Glarus Alps;
- the Prehistoric Pile Dwellings around the Alps, a series of 111 remains of prehistoric pile dwellings around the Alps built on the edges of lakes, rivers and wetlands;
- St. Gall’s Abbey, a perfect specimen of a Carolingian monastery in St. Gallen, built in Baroque style, whose library inside contains precious manuscripts;
- The three Castles in the market town of Bellinzona. The Bellinzona site consists of a group of fortifications grouped around the castle of Castelgrande. They are an integral part of the fortification of the Castle of Montebello, and the more sheltered Castle of Sasso Corbaro.
SUMMER IN SWITZERLAND
During the summer, Switzerland is a very pleasant place to visit either the big cities for a holiday of culture, or the small villages for lovers of the hills, the mountains, the mountain landscapes and the beautiful lakes. This season, the country is filled with visitors interested in relaxing in spas, or touring the lakes on a mountain bike, or rafting and canyoning in the rivers. Among the most beautiful lakes in the Swiss territory we are mentioning:
- Lake Geneva, the largest lake in Switzerland originating from the glacial period, passed through by the river Rhône, facing the lake cities of Geneva and Lausanne;
- Lake Constance, which overlooks the city of Constance and is located on the border with Germany and Austria;
- Lake Zurich, very popular for hiking activities and for its well-kept beaches;
- Lake of the Four Cantons, also known as Lake Lucerne, very charming and picturesque thanks to the splendid mountain setting and its complex shape;
- Lake Lugano, originating from the glacial era very close to the Italian border.
WINTER IN SWITZERLAND
In winter, because of low temperatures and frequent snowfalls, there is nothing better than to devote oneself to winter sports. Not only skiing, but also snowboarding and snowshoeing. Besides sports, do not miss the art, the thermal spa and the chocolate. Indeed Switzerland is very famous for the production of chocolate that has always been one of the symbols of the country.
One of the most popular resorts in the winter is Saint Moritz which has always been known as the Queen of Winter. The cities of Arosa and Engelberg are very interesting too.
CLIMATE IN SWITZERLAND
The Swiss climate is characterized by microclimates due to the presence of the mountains; we can generally speak of a continental climate typical of the regions of central Europe. The summer is characterized by sunny days. During the winter temperatures are lower and snowfalls are very frequent, particularly near the ski areas. In general, however, rainfall is fairly frequent throughout the year.
WHEN TO GO TO SWITZERLAND
Switzerland is an ideal destination all year round, whether for winter holidays, or for summer ones. However, from June to September, the climate is ideal for practicing various outdoor sports, including mountain biking, canyoning, rafting and hiking. The months of April and May are great for the discovery of the Alpine regions. The winter season starts in December and is perfect for ski lovers.
HOW TO REACH SWITZERLAND
The best way to reach Switzerland is by plane thanks to the frequent international flights to and from many European cities. The main airports in the country are located in Bern, Geneva, Zurich, Lugano and Basel.
By car it is easily accessible from the neighboring countries passing the Italian, French, Austrian and German crossings. By train Switzerland is well connected with the major European cities in the neighboring countries
The country's currency is the Swiss franc, which is also used in the Principality of Liechtenstein.