A grand lobby which restores the former glory of the hotel. A beautiful example of Art Nouveau architecture including a sweeping central staircase and stylish black and white chequered floor.
The original building burned down in 1888, however, the successor built in 1890 has become known as one Northern Europe's best examples of Central European, Art Nouveau architecture.
The rooms at the hotel are newly decorated in a classic style in accordance with the original look from 1890, with stucco work and high ceilings. However, the materials and textiles incorporated into each room rely heavily on modern trends.
The hotel restaurant combines a classical space with modern design styles all the while allowing the room to keep its historical atmosphere. Breakfast, as well as lunch and dinners for prebooked groups are served in this room. A traditional English pub, called The Bishop's Arms, is located in the basement of the hotel.