Fair price, good service, too far from the center
Because i see a lot of mis understandings about this hotel i would like to write a detailed review. at first i would like to sday that i'm glag i've chosen this hotel. it looks modern, has a good pool, air condition in the room, tv with a planty of channels and so on. on the territory of the hotel: there are several restaurants, fast food, currency exchange (with the fair rate), atm(which is not working almost all the time, a shop with the good choice of drinks and souvenirs, clothes store. lobby bar and pool bar with live music in the evening. last 3 floors are privilege rooms (not sure about them as stayed in normal). breakfast is served from 8 to 10 , and is full and various. supper is also served in the same restaurant from 19 to 22 (never tried but looks the same as brekfast threw the glass door). tourist desk where you could book a tropicano visit or something else.
- pool is already renovated, open and ready for swimming
- wifi is available but not free. you should by a 1h card for 2$ if there no cards on reception, you could by them in the telecom company service center(required passport)
- currency exchange works from 8 to 18 but you could change the money on the reception other time. 13% penalty for usd change is still being collected.(use euror cad instead).
- atm is almost time offline but you could try to get money from the card in exchange or try other cuc atm (for example near the central square).
- sage is in the room (maybe there is other one on receprtion but i didn't try)
- supermarket is nearby.prices for alco & tabac are the sdame as in the hotel shop. but you could grab some food od beer there. (theyy compare all you goods to the check on the exit).
so the hotel seems all good but! there is a one big cons, location! it is out of the city in the miramar district 10 km to havana center and no stable public transport. there no more free shuttle from the hotel anymore. so there 2 options taxi (12-15 cuc) or the red touristic bus (10 cuc a day from 9 to 18 last bus from the central park). it has a stop ear the hotel or you can catch in near the national aquarium each 20 minutes). i was using a red bus during the day and taxi in the night. but as for me free or paid shuttle directed by the hotel would be better (at least one in the evening 10 pm for example).
elevators are also crowded and broken time to time, but you could avoid it using the fire stares, so my 3rd floor was as plus here. uncomfortable but not not vital. so as for me this hotel is a rel 4 stars