La Citadelle is more than a luxurious four star hotel… it’s a place of historical interest. Built in 1559, this last bastion of the military citadel of Metz is located at the Western South of the city between the Arsenal and the Palate of the Governor. The building that is now La Citadelle was called Magasin Aux Vivres, and it reflects a real patrimonial interest, as much for the local history of the town of Metz that for a general knowledge on the organization of the intendance of the military garrisons of Ancient Regime. Magasin Aux Vivres has withstood practically five centuries of existence and evolved into a four star hotel. Reconciling the stone, glass and steel, La Citadelle imposes architecture and decoration, plenitude, charm and opulence worthy of the most beautiful florets of the luxury hotel industry. Magasin Aux Vivres has an exceptional environment due at the same time to its position in the middle of a green park but also in a high place of culture. From its position, this old military bastion offers immediate proximity to the town’s center and the major roads and railway. The hotel is also near such attractions and activities as a Concert hall, the Arsenal Museum of the Gold, Golf, Tennis, the Arenas (concerts, spectacles, tournaments), Music Hall Amusement park, and Walibi Casino of Amnéville. The hotel itself features an on site restaurant and piano bar, while the rooms are well-equipped with all the amenities expected from a luxury hotel.